I'm starting this PhD blog for a number of reasons.
1. I want to keep a record of my ideas, thoughts, process and choices that is public and that makes me a bit accountable.
2. I think it's valuable to share my experiences with others on the HDR hunt--the good, the bad and the melancholy.
3. Lastly, I want to have a record of what I've learnt or discovered as evidence of my progress in order to alleviate the inevitable crises-of-confidence I'm bound to have (truth be told, I've had a few already). If I can look back on my posts, I'll be able (in theory) to see how far I've come.
Perhaps there are other reasons too, ones that will only become apparent during the process.
My blog intentions are:
- to post something (however brief) every week.
- to be honest and transparent at all times no matter how confronting that might be.
- to share my own research as well as the tips, hints and links of others.
- to not panic, just remember to breathe...
Join me on the roller coaster?